Everything you need is here.
Mountaineer Estates, located in Watertown, NY near Fort Drum, has lots of amenities and a great community for you and your family to enjoy:
- Community center used for resident events (or your next birthday party!)
- 56 apartment buildings plus garages
- Six playgrounds spread throughout the property
- Five basketball courts and a tennis court
Snowmobiling, Skiing, Snowshoeing
Winter brings “lake effect” snow for unparalleled snowmobiling, downhill and cross-county skiing, and snowshoeing, especially on the Tug Hill Plateau.
Other outdoor recreation includes fishing, ice fishing, skating, hunting, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, and swimming.
Canoeing, Kayaking, Boating or Sailing
Things to do in Watertown
Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle and Millionaire’s Row in the 1000 Islands, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Watertown is the retail hub of the region, with many national chains, and there are shops and boutiques located throughout Jefferson County.
- Thompson Park Zoo, golf course, public pool, playground
- Ohio Street Elementary – adjacent border to property! Grades Pre K – 4
- Waterworks Park – picnic areas, fishing, and walking paths
- National Kayak Championships
- Watertown International Airport
- Adirondack Trail – camping, fishing, hiking, biking, and adventure sports
- Jefferson County Fair
- Dryhill Resort – tubing, skiing, ski lessons, ski shop, and fireside lodge